Mediterranean Brunch Casserole
BLEND No.20 RECIPE
The heart of this incredibly simple casserole is a ground meat Kabob mixture, which is flavored with the earthy, smoky flavors of Blend No.20. This dish comes together in minutes and is as beautiful as it is delicious!
Serves 6 - 8
- 2lb Ground Meat Kabob Mix¹
- 2T Olive Oil
- 12 Eggs
- 1½C Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Roasted ²
- 3T Basil, Fresh – Julienned
- 2T Ghee, melted for drizzling ³
Large Cast Iron Pan
- Preheat oven to 400º F
- Bring the kabob mixture to room temperature
- Heat oil in pan over medium heat
- Sauté kabob mixture and sauté for 5-7 minutes
or until lightly browned and cooked through
- Remove from heat and break eggs on top of the meat mixture
- Arrange tomatoes across the top
- Place in 400˚F oven and bake for 3-5 minutes
or until the egg whites are set and yolk is still bright and liquid.
- Remove from oven and drizzle with Ghee and garnish with the basil
- Serve immediately right from the pan
¹ Ground Meat Kabob Mixture
Thoroughly combine 3lbs of ground beef or turkey with an entire package of Blend No.20 and 1½ C onion blended to a paste. Use 2lbs for this recipe and reserve the rest for another use like stuffed peppers, meatballs or patties.
² Roasted Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes
Toss 1 ½ C cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil, salt and pepper to coat.
Arrange on a sheet pan and roast for 15 mins in a 400˚F oven until soft.
Remove from oven and set aside
³ Ghee is clarified butter. You can substitute regular melted butter or a good olive oil