Persian Cucumber Salad
BLEND No.75 RECIPE
While I find onion a great flavoring vegetable, I don’t particularly find biting into raw pieces of it exciting or enjoyable in salads or any dish.
My memories of eating this traditional Persian salad with cucumber, tomatoes and raw onion was to pick out the onion bits, while still enjoying the onion flavor that resulted from tossing the ingredients together.
My taste memory recollections gave me the idea to recreate this traditional recipe without onion! Using my Blend No.75 with it pungent, smoky flavor profile from leek, parsley and dill creates the perfectly balanced dish!
- 1pk HomeiraStyle Blend No.75¹
- ¼C Olive Oil
- 2T White Wine Vinegar
- ½C Lemon Juice, Freshly Squeezed
- Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Pepper to taste
- 2T Olive Oil
- 2C Heirloom Cherry Tomatoes, Halved
- 8 Persian Cucumber, Spiralized or Sliced
- 1C Goat Cheese, Crumbled
- 2 Pita Breads, Cut into Wedges, Toasted²
- 2T Micro Green, Optional
Spiralizer – Optional
- Thoroughly mix the entire package of Blend No.75 with oil
- Reserve ¼C Blend Mixture for the recipe and refrigerate the rest
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together Blend No.75 Mixture, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Slowly pour in olive oil and continue whisking until emulsified, set aside
- Place cucumber and tomato in a large mixing bowl
- Pour some of the dressing over cucumber mixture
- Toss gently, add more dressing as needed to taste
- Plate individually
- Garnish with goat cheese and optional micro greens
- Serve with toasted Pita Bread Wedges
- Refrigerate any excess Blend mixture, in a tightly sealed jar for later use
- Use Blend No.750 Mixture for other innovative recipes such as pizza and ceviche
¹ Blend No.75 will be available soon, please substitute Blend No.70 until then.
² Toasted Pita Bread
• 4 whole pita breads
• olive oil and fine sea salt
Preheat oven to 400˚F
Cut each pita bread into 8 triangles.
Place triangles on lined cookie sheet.
Drizzle pita triangles with olive oil and season with salt
Bake in the preheated oven for about 7 minutes,
or until lightly browned and crispy.