GET CREATIVE | Shaved Spring Asparagus
Shaved Spring Asparagus
Blend No.40, Jalapeño and Ginger Vinaigrette
GET CREATIVE RECIPE
Serves 4 - 6
- 1 tablespoon Blend No.40
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 ½ pounds fat asparagus
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- ½ teaspoon grated lime zest
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Cilantro sprigs, for garnish
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds for garnish
- ½ teaspoon ground sumac for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine Blend No.40, lime juice, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, chopped mint, brown sugar and jalapeño. Stir in the sesame oil to make a vinaigrette. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove the woody bottoms of the asparagus. Using a vegetable peeler, start just below the tips and peel down towards the bottom into long thin slices like fettuccine pasta.
- Place asparagus slices and tips in bowl, add the vinaigrette and toss to coat well.
- Arrange on a serving plate and garnish with the fresh mint and cilantro leaves.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sumac before serving.