GET CREATIVE | Roast Pomegranate Carrots
Pomegranate Glaze + Fresh Thyme + Blend No.70
GET CREATIVE RECIPE
- 1 pkg Vegetable Blend No.70
- ½ C olive oil
- 1 pound carrots, peeled, trimmed, and halved or quartered lengthwise, cut into 3” lengths
(halve the thin carrots, quarter the thick ones)
- 1 C pomegranate juice
- 1 ½ T honey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1/3 cup pistachios, coarsely chopped
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375˚F
- Prepare pomegranate glaze by pouring juice in a small saucepan over medium-high heat.
Cook for 15 minutes until juice is thick and syrupy and reduced to about a ¼ cup.
- Stir in honey. Remove from heat and set aside. ¹
- In a small bowl, combine entire package Blend No.70with ½ C of olive oil.
- Toss carrots to evenly coat with 2 T of Blend mixture.
- Refrigerate the remaining mixture for future use. ²
- Arrange carrots on a lined baking sheet and season with salt and freshly ground pepper
- Roast in oven for 15 minutes, stirring once halfway through.
- Drizzle glaze over carrots and stir to coat.
- Bake for 10 minutes more, stirring once or twice.
- Stir in pistachios and roast for 5 minutes more or until carrots are nicely glazed and reach desired tenderness.
- Hold each sprig of thyme at its top, slide your fingers down it, to the bottom, to strip off the leaves.
- Transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with fresh thyme.
- Adjust seasoning with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Pomegranate glaze can be make several days ahead and kept refrigerated.
You can substitute ¼ C Pomegranate Molasses for the glaze.
- Blend mixture will keep tightly covered in refrigerator for several weeks