Simply Roasted Acorn Squash
Roasting brings out the natural sweetness of the acorn squash in this simple roast and is balanced by the woodsy notes of thyme.
- 3 Small acorn squash (about 3 lb.) washed and cut into ½ wedges.
- 3T Blend No. 50 (mixed with olive oil according to directions)
- 1T brown sugar
- 2T melted unsalted butter
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme
- ¼ C pomegranate seeds for garnish (optional)
- Kosher Salt, freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚ F
- Toss squash to evenly coat with the Blend No.50 in olive oil, butter, brown sugar and thyme
- Season with salt and pepper
- Roast, tossing occasionally, until just tender, 45-50 minutes until very tender
- Arrange squash on platter, spoon in oil in pan over squash and season with a little flaky salt and sprinkle pomegranate seeds evenly