Simply Roasted Potatoes
With their nutty flavor and silky texture, potatoes make a delicious side for steak, poultry and fish. I typically do not use any of my HomeiraStyle Blends, if the potatoes are being presented as a side with a proteins prepared with one of my Blends. You want the potatoes to compliment not to compete or clash with the flavor of your protein.
My magical herb for roasting or pan sautéing potatoes is Tarragon. I actually prefer dry version as it is more pungent and flavorful. But fresh Tarragon works just fine.
The easiest way to cook potatoes, particularly around the holidays, is roasting them. But my favorite method is boiling them al dente, smashing them and then pan sautéing them.
For me, the best potatoes for roasting as side are Baby Red Potatoes, fingerling Potatoes, purple potatoes or combination of. They take less time to roast, hold together better and better get crispy. There is no need to peel them because the skin is thin and visually colorful and lovely.
- 2lb Red potatoes, Cut in half or quarter
- 2T Olive Oil for greasing the pan
- ¼C Olive Oil
- ½T Sea Salt, freshly ground
- ½T Black Pepper, freshly ground
- 1T Dried Tarragon
- 6T Fresh Mint, julienned
- Preheat oven to 400˚F
- Grease a large baking tray
- In large mixing bowl, toss potatoes, olive oil, salt, pepper and tarragon until evenly coated
- Transfer potato mixture onto the greased baking tray
- Arrange them in a single layer so they roast evenly
- Bake for 40, turning them once after 20 minutes, until golden and crispy
- Transfer potatoes to your serving tray toss with mint and serve immediately